What is PLA 3D Printing Filament?
- PLA is an acronym used to describe polylactic acid.
- It is made of natural fibres and is 100% bio-degradable. It can be completely decomposed in a compost heap making it one of the most sustainable and environmentally friendly 3D filament polymers available. Your obsolete prints can be used to fertilise your lawn, not clog up a landfill.
- It expels far fewer UFCs (Ultra fine particles) than ABS filament. This makes it the most suitable 3d filament polymer for indoor home use.
- Due to its natural starch composition, it produces a pleasant, sweet smell when extruding.
- PLA is far less prone to warping than ABS filament. This makes it a practical solution for 3D printers that do and that don’t have a heated bed.
*We only use 100% virgin PLA when manufacturing our 3D filaments.